List of the fire safety minimal requirements for offices, buildings, facilities and premisses used by the self-governing authorities for their activities
Fire safety measures training of persons is exercised by conducting the fire safety briefing and by passing fire safety basic course. The procedure and periods of the fire safety briefing conduction and fire safety basic course passing shall be determined by the head of the organization. Fire safety measures training is exercising according to the fire safety specification documents (The MES of Russia Order of 12 December 2007 № 645) (paragraph 3 of the Fire Prevention Rules of the Russian Federation approved by the RF Government Decree of 25.04.2012 №390).
The head of the organization shall provide the allocating of fire safety signs “Smoking of tobacco and using of naked flame are forbidden”.
Designated tobacco smoking areas are marked by signs “Smoking area” (paragraph 14 of the FPR RF approved by the RF Government Decree of 25.04.2012 №390).
a) to store and to use flammable and combustible liquids, gunpowder, explosives, pyrotechnic articles, combustible gas cylinders, spray can products, celluloid and other fire and explosion agents and material in the attics, basements and semi-basement floors unless authorized by other fire safety specification documents;
b) to use attics, mechanical rooms, ventilation chambers and other utility space for organization of production areas, workshops as well as for storage of production, equipment, furniture and other things;
c) to accommodate pantries, kiosks, stands and other similar premisses in elevator halls;
d) to arrange workshops in the basements and semi-basement floors as well as to accommodate other utility rooms which accommodation is not allowed by the fire safety documents if there is no independent exit or the exit is not isolated by the fire stoppings from the common staircases;
e) to take off emergency exit doors specified by the design documentation from the FC’s, halls, lobbies, airlocks, staircases as well as other doors preventing the dangerous factors spreading on the evacuation routes;
f) to make revisions in space planning decisions and to place utility lines and equipment being a barrier to get to the fire extinguishers, fire hydrants and other fire safety systems or diminishing automatic fire protection system zone ( automatic fire-alarm system, fixed automatic fire-extinguishing system, smoke exhaust system, emergency voice alarm communication system);
g) to block doors, hatchways on the balconies and stanzas, passages to the contiguous sections and exits to the external evacuation staircases by the furniture, equipment and other things; to dismantle between balcony staircases; to seal and to block hatchways on the balconies and stanzas of the apartments;
h) to clean premisses and to wash clothes by using gasoline, petrol and other flammable and combustible liquids as well as to warm frozen pipes by brazing lamps and by other methods using naked flame;
i) to glaze balconies, stanzas and galleries leading to the smokeproof staircases;
j) to arrange pantries and other side chambers on the staircases and FC’s as well as to store things, furniture and combustible materials under the flights of stairs and under staircases;
k) to arrange entresols, desks and other integrated premisses made of combustible materials and metal sheets in the working and storage spaces (except buildings of V level of fire resistance);
l) to install external conditioner blocks on the staircases;
m) to block and lock passages to the places where life-saving equipment is attached (paragraph 23 of the FPR RF approved by the RF Government Decree of 25.04.2012 №390).
11. The head of the organization shall provide the keeping in working order of external fire-fighting staircases and roof fences of buildings and facilities; shall organize the conduction of end-use testing of the fire-fighting staircases and roof fences not less than 1 time in 5 years with the drawing up of the corresponding testing protocol as well as periodical inspection of the rescue aids at height condition according to the technical documents or certificate on such a matter (paragraph 24 of the FPR RF approved by the RF Government Decree of 25.04.2012 №390).
12. It is not allowed the simultaneous presence of more than 50 persons in premisses with only one emergency exit available. Herewith, the simultaneous presence of more than 50 persons in buildings of IV and V levels of fire resistance is allowed in premisses of 1st floor only (paragraph 25 of the FPR RF approved by the RF Government Decree of 25.04.2012 №390).
13. While operating of the evacuation routes and exits the head of the organization shall provide the observance of design decisions and specification documents requirements on the fire safety (on the lighting, on the number, size and space planning decisions of the evacuation routes and exits, as well as on the presence of fire safety warning signs on the evacuation routes) according to the fire safety requirements by clause 84 of the Federal Law “ On the Regulation of fire safety requirements” (paragraph 33 of the FPR RF approved by the RF Government Decree of 25.04.2012 №390).
14. Door latches of the emergency exits shall provide the possibility of their free opening from the inside without a key.
The head of the organization, on object of which the fire occurred, shall provide the access to the restricted areas for the fire brigades in order to localize and put out the fire (paragraph 35 of the FPR RF approved by the RF Government Decree of 25.04.2012 №390).
15. It is forbidden while operating evacuation routes, evacuation and emergency exits:
а) to arrange sills on the evacuation routes (except doorway sills), sliding and lift-up doors and gates, revolving doors and pay-gates as well as other facilities blocking free evacuation of people;
b) to overload evacuation routes and exits (including: passages, corridors, airlocks, galleries, elevator halls, staircases, flights of stairs, doors, evacuation hatchways) by a range of materials, articles, facilities, manufacturing waste, rubbish and other things; as well as to block doors of evacuation exits;
c) to arrange driers, clothes rails and wardrobes in exit airlocks (apart from apartments and individual residential houses) as well as to store (even temporarily) inventory and materials;
d) to fixate self-closing doors of the staircases, corridors, halls and airlocks in the open position (if there is no devices used for these purposes which automatically working in case of fire); as well as to take off the doors;
e) to draw the blinds or to glaze air side passages in smokeproof staircases;
f) to replace safety glass on the regular one wile glazing doors and hoppers;
g) to change the direction of doors opening, except doors the opening of which is not standardized or in case than there are other door requirements specified according to the laws and regulations (paragraph 36 of the FPR RF approved by the RF Government Decree of 25.04.2012 №390).
16 . On the objects with mass gathering of people the head of the organization shall provide the presence of intact electrical torches in an amount of 1 torch for 50 persons (paragraph 38 of the FPR RF approved by the RF Government Decree of 25.04.2012 №390).
17 It is forbidden to leave energized electricity-generating equipment and domestic electric appliances after the end of working hours in the premisses where is no on-duty personnel, for the exception of afterhours lightning, fire safety systems as well as other electricity-generating equipment and electrotechnical appliances if it is caused by their purpose of use and (or) specified by the operational manual requirements (paragraph 40 of the FPR RF approved by the RF Government Decree of 25.04.2012 №390).
18. It is forbidden:
a) to operate with electric conduits and cables with visible insulation defects;
b) to use sockets, cutouts and other wiring products with defects;
c) to wrap electric bulbs and lamps in paper, fabric and other combustible materials, as well as to use lamps with removed housings (diffusers) specified by the lamp design;
d) to use electric irons, electric hot plates, electric kettles and other electric heaters having no thermal protectors as well as in the absence or with defects of thermocontrollers specified by the design;
e) to use substandard (self-made) electric heaters;
f) to leave turned on into electrical power network electric heaters and other domestic electric appliances unwatched, including those in the holding mode, except electric appliances which can and (or) shall be in the operating mode 24 hours a day according to the factory instructions;
g) to accommodate (store) combustible (including flammable) agents and materials in the switchgear rooms (close to electrical boxes), near the electric motors and start-up instrumentations;
h) to use casual wiring, including extension poles, power supplies filters not meant by their characteristics for the electric supply of utilized electric appliances while performing emergency and other building and installation and restoration works (paragraph 42 of the FPR RF approved by the RF Government Decree of 25.04.2012 №390).
19. During use of systems of ventilation and air conditioning it is forbidden:
а) to keep air-ventilation chamber doors open;
б) to lock suction ducts, holes and grilles;
в) to plug in heating appliances to the air circuits;
г) to burn out accumulated fat depots, dust and other combustible agents in the air circuits (paragraph 48 of the FPR RF approved by the RF Government Decree of 25.04.2012 №390).
20. The head of the organization shall provide the intactness of the external fire-fighting water supply and internal fire-fighting water line sources and shall organize the conduction of operating capacity inspections not less than 2 times a year (in spring and autumn) with the drawing up of corresponding acts.
The head of the organization in case of turning off water supply system sections and (or) fire hydrants as well as in case of pressure loss in water supply system lower than required shall inform about this fire-fighting brigade.
The head of the organization shall provide fire hydrants intactness and their winterization and snow and ice clearing in winter time, availability for fire-fighting machinery to approach to the fire hydrants at any season of the year.
Driving directions to the fire hydrants and water reservoirs which are the sources of the fire-fighting water supply shall be marked by signs with strict numbers of the distance to their location (paragraph 55 of the FPR RF approved by the RF Government Decree of 25.04.2012 №390).
21. The head of the organization shall provide completeness of internal fire-fighting fireplugs with fire hoses, manual fire nozzles and fire suppression valves; shall organize fire hoses rerolling (not less than 1 time a year).
Fire hose shall be connected to the fireplug and fire nozzle and shall be placed in wall hanging, built-in or side-table fire safety cabinets out of non-combustible materials which elements can provide their sealing and fixation in the closed position.
Fire safety cabinets (apart from built-in ones) are fixing to the unibody or filler design constructions, the opening of cabinet’s doors in this case is not less than 90 degrees (paragraph 57 of the FPR RF approved by the RF Government Decree of 25.04.2012 №390).
22. The head of the organization shall provide the intactness of the object’s fire safety systems and facilities (automatic (independent) fire suppression systems, automatic fire alarm systems, smoke control systems, voice-based fire alarm systems, fire alarm systems, armored doors, fire and smoke-stop dampers, protective device systems in the fire stoppings) and shall organize the conduction of operating capacity inspection of the specified systems and fire protection facilities on the object with the drawing up of the corresponding inspection act.
Design decisions, specification document requirements on the fire safety and (or) ad hoc specifications shall be observed in case of assembling, repair and maintenance of buildings and structures fire safety services.
On the object shall be stored operating set of documents on the object’s fire safety installations and systems (paragraph 61 of the FPR RF approved by the RF Government Decree of 25.04.2012 №390).
23. The head of the organization shall provide the object with fire extinguishers by the standards according to Appendices № 1 and 2; shall provide the observance of terms of their reloading, examination and well-timed replacement specified in the fire extinguisher’s certificate (paragraph 70 of the FPR RF approved by the RF Government Decree of 25.04.2012 №390).
24. The fulfilling of the requirements of section XIX the Fire Prevention Rules of the Russian Federation.