Educational Affairs Committee of the Chelyabinsk city
Address: 454080, Chelyabinsk, Volodarsky St., 14.
Contact number: 266-54-40.
Working hours: Monday-Thursday from 8.30 to 17.30, Friday from 8.30 to 16.15.
Committee Chairman – Portie Svetlana Viktorovna
Committee Chairman visiting hours: Tuesday from 9-00 to 10-30
Committee’s official website: http://www.chel-edu.ru/
Goals and functions of the Chelyabinsk city’s Educational Affairs Committee.
Main goals of the Committee are:
1) making and implementation of single policy in educational field in the territory of the Chelyabinsk city;
2) support of operations and development of the municipal educational system;
3) enforcement of the federal State standards in the territory of the Chelyabinsk city and operation of educational system at the State standards level inclusive of city social economic, demographic, national cultural and other special aspects.
Main functions of the Committee are:
1) arranging of provision of public and free preschool, elementary general, basic general, general secondary education on basic educational programs in municipal educational institutions within their competence;
2) arranging of provision of children’s supplementary education in municipal educational institutions, establishing of conditions for the realization of child minding, maintenance of children in municipal educational institutions;
3) performing functions and authorities of municipal educational and other institutions on behalf of the Chelyabinsk city Administration;
4) performing functions of the subordinate educational and other institutions main budget spending unit;
5) making of city and industry dedicated programs and utilizing funds out of the city budget for their realization;
6) planning of the development and (or) changing of the network of the municipal educational institutions and educational services rendered by the municipal educational institutions, making of educational institutions financial standards.
Municipal educational network of the Chelyabinsk city includes:
472 educational institutions:
- 306 preschool educational institutions;
- 133 general education institutions,
- 1 sanitary educational institution of sanatorium type for children requiring lengthy treatment;
- 7 psychological and pedagogical, medical and social support centers;
- 23 supplementary education institutions for children;
- 1 children’s holiday camp;
- 1 teacher resource center.